Are you in a rut with your current workout routine? Do you need some new exercises to make you excited to head to the gym?
Fit for Golf-Set for Life is overflowing with unique and helpful golf-oriented workouts to add to your fitness regime, whether you exercise at home or at the gym. It is important to complement your golf drills (such as the balance drills we reviewed last week) with general fitness training so that your muscles have a greater capacity to perform. While many of Todd’s workouts are highly beneficial for golfers in training, the fitness section of his book is beneficial to athletes and fitness lovers of all ages and skill levels.
This week, we have a classic but effective workout that targets your triceps.
Single Arm Bent Over Row
- Bend from hips keeping a straight back.
- Place opposite hand on bench for stability.
- Pull up dumbbell until upper arm and forearm form a 90⁰ angle.
- Repeat on opposite side.
If you follow Todd on Instagram (@fitforgolfsetforlife), you would have also already seen Todd demonstrate a variation of a single leg deadlift. This workout is great for strength training, and balance as well!
- Lean forward with a straight back and place your hands on a flat surface just below knee level.
- Send one leg straight back and up, ensuring that your body creates a straight line from head to toe.
- Pull your leg back in as stand up straight, bending your leg at the knee.
- Keep your balance and hold your leg in the air, bent at the knee at a 90 degree angle.
- Repeat on both sides and aim for 15 reps on each side.
Tune in next week for the ultimate guide to tournament nutrition. Learn what to eat and what to pack when you’re preparing for a golf tournament, with exclusive excerpts, tips, and recipes from Fit for Golf-Set for Life.