You may have already seen this recipe video if you follow Todd on Instagram, but you can finally watch the video in full below! Potatoes are a great source of energy (and a great way to continue celebrating St. Patrick’s weekend!). Complete with vitamin C, fiber and potassium, potatoes help you feel full enough to last you an entire round on the course. In combination with leeks, which contain sulfur-containing compounds that combat dangerous free radicals in your body, potatoes can also regulate your blood sugar and improve your digestive system. If you play often outside and are repeatedly exposed to the sun, combating free radicals is crucial to your skin health and your immune system.
As always, this soup can be made in bulk which makes it easy to prep, store and reheat for a fast, nutritious meal before or after your round. Feel free to add your own herbs and seasonings for taste. Play on the course, but also play in the kitchen! Get comfortable in cooking your own meals so you don’t become dependent on restaurants or fast-food chains to make your meals for you! The kitchen is your course; navigate and explore!
Potato and Leek Recipe
- 2 Large potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 3 Leeks (thinly sliced)
- 6 cups Chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 tbs. Butter
- Chives for garnish (chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- In a soup pot, melt butter, add leeks and sauté for 10 min.
- Add potatoes, salt, pepper and continue cooking for another 10 min.
- Add stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 30 min.
- Remove pot from heat and blend soup with a hand blender until smooth.
- Garnish with chopped chives.
You don’t have to sacrifice taste for nutrition! Enjoy this simple, tasty meal and share with friends, family and teammates. Share this recipe and let your colleagues try it for themselves.
If you liked this article, please be sure to share it on Facebook or Instagram and tag me @fitforgolfsetforlife!