Breakfast is an important part of any athlete’s diet, and it should actually be the heartiest meal of your day. Whether you’re a professional or an amateur, eating the right blend of carbohydrates and protein can help improve your performance. Get your diet back on track after your Thanksgiving feast with this quick and easy omelet to start your day off right!
Good Morning Omelet
2 Organic eggs
1 Small tomato (chopped)
¼ cup Fresh Spinach (shredded)
1 tbs. Parmesan cheese (grated)
1 tbs. Olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl; then whisk in the cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a small, non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add half the olive oil and then the tomato and spinach; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove veggies and set aside.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pan. Pour the eggs into the center of the pan and stir with a rubber spatula for 5 seconds.
- As eggs begin to cook, move the pan around so the excess liquid runs to the sides. Use the spatula to shape and loosen the sides of the omelet. Let cook for 8 to 10 seconds.
- Add the veggie mixture to one side of the omelet. Using the spatula, fold the omelet into a half-moon shape.
- Plate the omelet and serve with 2 slices of organic, whole wheat toast.
As seen in the Met Golfer Magazine!